Friday, May 15, 2015

when life gets in the way of fitness

Last weekend was exhausting.  After a week of non stop rain our basement had enough and water started pouring in - from underground.  It was midnight and there was nothing we could do but pull back the carpet, empty our belongings and stay up all night and the next day sucking up the water with shop vacs.  I'm still catching up on sleep but also I'm living in a huge MESS.

A little fact about our life right now is that we live with and care for my husband's 92 yr old Grandma.  This means my family of 6 lives mostly in her tiny basement.  A basement which is now torn up and piled high with toys, clothes, belongings, and loud blowing fans. Our 21 Day Fix routine was quickly pushed to a halt and we have tried to make do keeping the kids happy amidst not much space to play.

I tell you this because life happens and sometimes fitness can get shoved by the wayside. Sometimes it needs to.  So what do you do when life throws you a curve ball? Ride it out. Fitness doesn't come first in my life!  My family has needed me more than my buns and abs have needed Autumn Calabrese and her workouts dvds.  We're finding time when we can to fit in a workout, but with the only TV being upstairs where Gma spends hours watching her shows there's not been many days open for a workout. Three of my kids are sleeping all in 1 room with toys piled to the ceiling and my oldest is sleeping on the couch in our downstairs living room that's almost wall to wall belongings and the other half of the room has torn up carpet.  My kids need their mama and distractions to keep them entertained.

We've fit in 1 workout and also a couple times out running.  But my family comes first, and I know this is only temporary.  I'm trying my best to continue eating right and just focusing on life's priorities right now.  It's all good!

And while I'm stuck upstairs waiting for things to dry out and a basement I have to wait to clean up? I'm playing with the kids and also working on fabulous meal plans to share with you all - SOON! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment