Tuesday, July 21, 2015

July 20, 2015 Meal Plan

Meal planning can be time consuming but I've learned how very important it is if I'm going to succeed with continuing to lose weight.  If I don't have a plan in place before the week's busy schedule takes off at full speed I'll almost always make a meal or snack I'll regret later!  For me I've set Sundays as my meal planning day.  It's not fancy!  I sit down with a spiral notebook (probably taken from my kids' desk) and start planning away.  What goes into every plan?  Consideration for how much protein, carbohydrates, and fats are in each day.  I follow the 21 Day Fix nutrition plan which uses color coded containers, so I also tally up how many containers of each color the meals will cover so I get the right amount.  Once it's scribbled on paper I make my grocery list and hit the store!  I'm not a meal prep person.  Many have great success with using Sunday as their day to prep the week's meals. I don't go that far but I at least have a plan in place before Monday morning arrives!

I always thought eating healthy wasn't something I ever wanted to do let alone could afford to do.  I hope to share in a few other posts about what has changed in my eating habits and grocery shopping. As well as how I make eating healthier choices in a house with 7 people!

Here's a glimpse into what we're eating this week.  Feel free to click on the image and download a copy for yourself!



Let me know if you have any questions about meal planning, fitness, etc.  I'd be happy to help you reach your goals!

~Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment