Sunday, August 9, 2015

Health & Nutrition Simplified. A Blog Series.


I often get asked what I’ve done so far to lose 45 pounds.  While there is a fitness side of the story (one that I never ever imagined I’d be so committed to and loving) there’s the nutrition aspect which is KEY and I think more challenging than a hard workout. 

It’s hard to learn to have self-control in the kitchen.  It’s overwhelming to learn how to count calories, confusing choosing from the right food groups, and scary to learn to grocery shop differently.  While those descriptive words are appropriate – hard, overwhelming, confusing, and scary – I can now say the nutrition part has become fun, easy, and creative for me. 

I’m starting a series on how my eating has changed.  How things I knew absolutely NOTHING about have become second nature to me and in all honesty freed up time in my life.  We eat healthier, but I didn’t realize healthier was actually simpler as well.  I shop the grocery stores differently skipping so many aisles I used to frequent, plan in advance down to what snack I’ll have.  Planning and cooking meals now take almost no time at all. 

Here’s what we’ll tackle over the next couple of weeks…
  • Counting calories / portion control
  • What’s for lunch?
  • Transformed dinners
  • Meal planning / Grocery shopping
  • Eating healthy with hungry picky children

Want to join me?  Sign up to follow by email so you don’t miss a post!


Want to take your goals to the next level?  I’m starting a 30 Day Fit Mom Challenge and would love to have you join me.  Beginning AUGUST 31 we’ll commit to 30 days of exercise & nutrition and pick away at those unwanted pounds all the while learning to eat differently.

Are you in?  CLICK HERE for more info!

No comments:

Post a Comment